Total Rewards Manager
Develops, implements and administers compensation plans, benefit programs and procedures in compliance with Policies, Collective Bargaining Agreements and Federal, State and local laws. Provides direction, education, interpretation and problem resolution to Human Resources Managers, Human Resources Representatives, managers and employees on compensation, benefit plans and programs, and Leave of Absence eligibility and procedures. Manages relationships and processes as the liaison between Management Staff and benefit vendors.
- Designs compensation plans and bonus programs that align with strategic plan.
- Manages the Salary Administration Programs. Oversees annual wage and benefit survey, recommends and monitors salary and compensation information.
- Conducts market and trend analysis through salary survey input and market research on an annual and ad hoc basis.
- Conducts job evaluations for appropriate internal classifications and exemption status.
- Manages annual Open Enrollment process with Benefits Broker by preparing census information, evaluating quotes, plan designs and presenting cost information and recommendations to Management Staff for approval. Prepares enrollment materials and presents employee education sessions. Validates data entry and ensures accurate enrollment information is provided to payroll and insurance providers.
- Coordinates 403(b) employee enrollments with third party administrator and plan providers, arranges and processes corporate contributions for eligible employees, processes loans and withdrawals, and provides compliance information to payroll and HR representatives.
- Administers defined benefit pension plan by educating current and former employees regarding their pension benefits. Maintains various pension records, reports and files. Works with third party administrator to coordinate commencement and closure of pension benefits, assists in annual pension audit, researches special requests and discrepancies related to pension distributions and benefits. Provides education to active defined benefit recipients, applicants and their family members.
- Verifies the rates for all healthcare, wellness, life insurance/AD&D, and retirement plans in accordance with premium payment parameters and deadlines.
- Develops successful partnerships with insurance brokers, plan administrators, and third-party vendors. Assists with the evaluation and selection of new vendors, manages the implementation of vendor and/or plan design changes.