The Store Manager is developing strategies and objectives toward supporting our staff, providing outstanding service to our customers, driving store sales and profitability.
If you are a true leader, passionate about people and everyone's success, while considering full time employment opportunities with an employer who offers the following:
- Competitive compensation, benefits and a happy work environment.
- Growth opportunities: We’re a large, small company poised for growth.
- We’re employee owned, meaning that our employee owners have a vested interest in the long-term success of the company. Aside from working amongst other owners, the “payoff” for being in the ESOP comes in the form of a rich retirement benefit.
- Our store managers have reasonable, family-friendly schedules.
We are looking for Managers who can
Teach, Coach & Develop Team Members
- Coach Team Members to perform consistently at the highest levels of conduct and expertise.
- Ensure all Team Members have the necessary training, tools and equipment to perform their jobs successfully.
- Identify and develop candidates for advancement.
Observe & Communicate to Make People Better
- Communicate job and performance expectations clearly and consistently.
- Perform regular observations of all Team Members to assess performance.
- Provide regular coaching to Team Members on areas for improvement and encouragement in areas they do well.
- Share information; seek out and act upon input from Team Members
- Cultivate a “we win-you win” understanding and share success.
Manage the Business
- Maintain adequate staffing levels of highly trained and motivated Team Members
- Ensure product is available for customers in accordance with Strategic Priorities
- Partner with Department Merchants to identify opportunities to build on success, identify areas of opportunity and formulate action plans for growth
- Create and maintain relationships with support teams to foster collaborative partnerships (Purchasing, Human Resources, Advertising)
- 3 – 5 years of Supervisor-level or above experience
- Industry-specific management experience preferred
- Comfortable with Point-of-Sale and other computer systems
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Sales experience