Director of Payroll
We are seeking a seasoned Director of Payroll to lead the payroll and timekeeping functions for approximately 7,000 employees. This individual is responsible for directing and managing the timely and accurate completion of payroll in accordance with internal policies and local, state and federal regulations.. Operates as the subject matter expert and escalation point to resolve issues and advises senior leadership on best practices. The Payroll Director will be a member of the Finance team reporting to the Corporate Controller. This person will manage the ADP relationship and will lead a team of 8 payroll staff (including 3 direct reports). They will also support the effort to complete the transition from inhouse payroll processing (Lawson) to ADP payroll and timekeeping solutions.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Directing and managing the timely and accurate completion of Payroll in accordance with internal policies and local, state and federal regulations for approximately 4,300 Employees (biweekly) and 2,500 Partners (monthly) across multiple entities.
- All payroll locations are US based (no international payrolls).
- Responsible for strategic planning, goal setting and establishing tactical priorities for the Payroll and Timekeeping organization.
- Supports the annual Financial Statement audit, 401k audit, Workers Comp audit, and other audits as required.
- Ensures timely payments to the proper agencies and third-parties such as; federal and state income and social security taxes, and employer’s social security, unemployment and worker’s compensation payments, garnishment, health insurance and retirement account contributions.
Skills, knowledge and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, finance or business and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certified Payroll Professional Certification (CPP Certification)
- 10+ years progressive Payroll and Timekeeping management experience
- Experience managing Payroll for 3,000 plus employees
- Extensive experience with ADP Payroll and ADP Vantage Time/eTime/Kronos timekeeping solutions