Chief Financial Officer
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is the principal financial officer of the company. The Chief Financial Officer ensures the financial viability and strength of the organization, and that its financial strategy is aligned with the company vision, mission, values, and objectives. The CFO is responsible for the overall leadership and management of the organization's accounting and financial operations. Additionally, CFO will serve as a business partner and advisor to the CEO and participate as a key member of the Executive Leadership Team. The Chief Financial Officer will play a key role in building and nurturing a collaborative team environment, and providing financial leadership and transparency to strengthen the performance of all key leaders, managers and departments.
The Chief Financial Officer will establish and maintain excellent corporate relations with third party providers including banking, legal, insurance, CPA firm, auditors, and property management companies.
- Work with the CEO and Executive Leadership Team to define the organization’s strategic direction and assess financial implications of the strategic plan.
- Develop and monitor a financial plan to support the company’s overall strategic plans and objectives.
- Partner with the CEO and the Director of Technology to identify the ideal “unified commerce” solution for the organization.
- Select and implement a “best in class” retail accounting, financial management and reporting system.
- Establish enterprise risk management controls. Responsible for sustaining a strong environment of asset protection/loss mitigation balancing operational efficiencies and opportunities.
- Develop short and long-term financial plans and policies, establish and maintain fiscal controls, prepare and interpret financial reports, and safeguard organization assets.
- Create an annual operational budget and capital expenditure plan for the organization.
- Oversee all financial functions including accounting, budget, credit, insurance, tax and treasury.
- Design and coordinate a wide variety of accounting and statistical data and financial/compliance reports.
- Responsible for all aspects of cash management and cost control.
- Manage accounting, credit and financial team.
- Negotiate and oversee ongoing management of loans and leases.
- Maintain all records in accordance with GAAP.
- Direct audit support including the annual independent audit, workers comp, sales tax and insurance audits, etc.
- BS Accounting required; CPA or MBA highly desirable.
- Seek 15+ years of overall experience with the last 4+ years as a CFO or VP Accounting or * Finance within a retail organization that has demonstrated growth and best practices.
- Experience in a private, family-owned company is valuable.