Educates HR Managers, HR Representatives and employees and resolves questions related to benefits programs, policies and procedures in compliance with our policies, collective bargaining agreements, and federal, state and local laws. Facilitates enrollment and troubleshoots issues on behalf of participant’s defined contribution and benefits plans.
- Supports HR Managers with employee benefit issues including medical, vision, dental, EAP, life, FSA, leaves of absence, and retirement plan questions and other requirements. Responds to all benefit inquiries to ensure quick, equitable, courteous resolution. Ensures timely processing of participant eligibility and information changes.
- Supports Compensation & Benefits Manager and Benefits Broker with annual Open Enrollment process including preparation of enrollment materials, helps plan and participates in employee education sessions, validates data entry and ensures accurate enrollment information is provided to payroll and insurance providers.
- Troubleshoots data integrity issues to ensure accuracy in employee 403(b) enrollments with third party administrator and plan providers. Facilitates loan and withdrawal requests as needed and provides compliance data to Payroll and HR representatives.
- Educates current and former employees regarding pension benefits and plan guidelines and directs participants to vendor portal. Initiates and terminates pension benefits with TPA as needed by providing necessary documentation. Assists in annual pension audit by responding to requests for data from auditor, Controller, and other vendors.
- Administers Leaves of Absence, educates HR on leave policies and processes, income replacement benefits, ability to use PTO, and benefits continuation, in collaboration with third party administrator. Tracks Leaves and provides data to Payroll to ensure timely reporting and accurate payment.
- Addresses ad hoc issues with benefit continuation due to employment termination (COBRA) through TPA, monitors payments and eligibility. Validates
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) benefits in coordination with Payroll and the TPA.
- Ensures accurate data for benefits administration, coordinates plan set-up and rate changes, and coordinates online benefit enrollment with vendor.
- Audits enrollment data and invoicing, resolves discrepancies and verifies enrollment for accuracy. Provides reconciled invoices to Accounts Payable staff to ensure timely and accurate payment.
- Reviews Plan documents, policies and procedures for accuracy. Coordinates required annual mailings for plan compliance for health and welfare plan, 403b and Defined Benefits plans with mail fulfillment vendor.