Accounts Payable Manager
An Accounts Payable Manager will manage the day-to-day operations of Accounts Payable. In this newly created role, the AP Manager will be responsible for managing the AP team and all related responsibilities. This hands-on role will be able to scale and make process improvements with a high volume of invoices, transactions and vendors, while maintaining compliance with internal controls. This role will work cross-functionally and collaborate with key business partners throughout the company.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage day to day operations of AP & support Purchasing/Procurement requests
Develop, implement and maintain systems, procedures and policies, including all accounts payable functions to ensure adherence to company guidelines
- Review and actively update SOPs for all AP processes
- Supervise and mentor the Accounts Payable team. Train and evaluate employees to enhance their performance, development, and work product.
- Addresses performance issues and makes recommendations for personnel actions. Motivate and reward employees via 1:1 meetings and annual reviews
- Maintain excellent relationships with vendors through timely and accurate payment and response to inquiries
- Responsible for timely completion of AP month-end closing process; review of outstanding payments, ensuring all transactions are properly recorded, accrual of AP invoices by major general ledger account and prepare the monthly reconciliation of subsidiary accounts to the general ledger.
- Lead and improve the process for maintenance and filing of AP records in accordance with state guidelines
Identify areas that can be moved to an electronic platform and execute change as needed
- Provide accounting assistance relating to accounts payable and respond to accounts payable inquires and questions or concerns from other departments.
- Assist with audit schedules for external auditors as needed
- Supervise preparation of annual 1099 and other AP compliance reporting requirements
- Own the vendor on-boarding procedures and the required tax forms
- Assist with special projects, reporting and other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance OR 8+ years of applicable professional experience
- Minimum of 5 years accounting experience handling full cycle Accounts Payable
- 5+ years of people management experience
- A combination of education and experience that demonstrates the required qualifications and skills is acceptable